Registration for the 2017 Scottish North American Leadership Conference is now OPEN.
The conference will be held August 10-12, 2017 at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada.
The program will include speakers, round table discussions and planning opportunities as well as the chance to network with others in the Scottish diaspora.
The conference has been scheduled to coincide with the Fergus Scottish Festival, the largest clan gathering in Ontario. We will attend the hearth lighting and clan welcoming on Friday evening and the conference will wrap up in time for everyone to be at the Festival before the Opening Ceremonies and Clan Parade.
Here’s the full program:
- Afternoon: Workshop on Gaelic Language
- Meeting between CASSOC, COSCA and the SNAL Leadership Team
- Evening: Banquet with Keynote speaker and welcome address by Youth Ambassador, piping of the haggis, and Robbie Burns’ address to the haggis.
- Evening Entertainment by piper Rory Sinclair and Celtic Fyre.
- Speakers on Relevance of Scottish History followed by round table discussions
- Lunch and networking opportunities.
- Speakers on Relevance of Scottish Heritage followed by round table discussions.
- Light dinner
- Travel to Fergus for Hearth Lighting and Welcoming of the Clans
- Morning: Speakers on Engaging Youth in Carrying Forward Our History and Heritage followed by round table discussions
- Setting goals for continuing to engage the youth, providing youth with mentoring opportunities
- Setting stage for SNAL Conference 2018
- Travel to Fergus for the Clan Parade, Opening Ceremonies, and opportunities for networking, interacting with others of Scottish descent and to indulge in our rich Scottish culture.