Don’t miss out on the opportunity. Join us in Guelph, Ontario for a meeting of the Scots Diaspora from across North America. Engage with others, network, discuss issues of concern to all of us.
Keynote Speaker, Thursday evening, is Chris Maskell of Scottish Development International and the Opening Address on Friday morning is Richard Knight of VisitScotland.
We will be talking about our shared history and heritage and will be looking at ways to engage our youth.
Thursday’s banquet will include a Haggis Ceremony and will be followed by Celtic music.
Discounted tickets to the Fergus Scottish Festival for everyone registered for the Scottish North American Leadership Conference.
Registration for the 2017 Scottish North American Leadership Conference is now OPEN.
The conference will be held August 10 & 11, 2017 at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada.
The program will include speakers, round table discussions and planning opportunities as well as the chance to network with others in the Scottish diaspora.
The conference has been scheduled to coincide with the Fergus Scottish Festival, the largest clan gathering in Ontario. We will attend the hearth lighting and clan welcoming on Friday evening and the conference will wrap up in time for everyone to be at the Festival before the Opening Ceremonies and Clan Parade.
Here’s the full program:
- Afternoon: Workshop on Gaelic Language
- Meeting between CASSOC, COSCA Leadership Teams
- Evening: Banquet with Keynote speaker and welcome address by Youth Ambassador, piping of the haggis, and Robbie Burns’ address to the haggis.
- Evening Entertainment by piper Aiden Maher and Mystic Fyre.
- Speakers on Relevance of Scottish History
- Clan MacFarlane Medieval Scottish Charters Exhibit
- Speakers on Relevance of Scottish Heritage
- Light dinner
- Speakers on Engaging Youth in Carrying Forward Our History and Heritage
- Setting goals for continuing to engage the youth, providing youth with mentoring opportunities
- Setting stage for SNAL Conference 2018
- Travel to Fergus for Hearth Lighting and Welcoming of the Clans
For 2017, the Scottish North American Leadership Conference is being held in Guelph, Ontario. 2017 marks the 150th anniversary since the Confederation of Canada. The timing of the SNAL Conference coincides with the Fergus Scottish Festival and the Conference schedule ties in to events at the Festival so you don’t have to miss one to attend the other!
We look forward to spending the weekend with you and getting to share our Scottish spirit with you.